VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators are the Perfect Solution for Inspecting Orthopedic/Medical Rasps
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is widely used by orthopedic implant manufacturers to check medical rasps for a number of reasons:
- Automatically compare parts to their CAD data (no more overlays!)
- With its patented CAD Auto-Align™ and CAD Auto-Pass/Fail™ tools, the system can check rasps completely automatically!
- VisionGauge®’s patent-pending Tooth Checker™ tool automatically identifies the part’s teeth and allows you to check all roots and crests against their tolerances.
- Check the entire profile at once or each tooth individually, directly on the shop floor!
- Eliminate operator subjectivity!
- Much faster than traditional approaches.
- Because the system doesn’t require any programming, it is especially well-adapted for small lots and quick part changeover.
- Automatically collect measurements, images, statistics, and other data for complete device history documentation.
- The system is not limited to the camera’s field-of-view; It can compare a part directly to its CAD data across the entire stage travel, so even large parts can be checked at high magnification, with very fine resolution.
- The system is perfectly suited to deal with challenging applications in orthopedic implant inspection with its extended optical depth-of-field and Auto-Focus tool.
- Different types of adapted computer-controlled LED illumination are supported to eliminate glare and make defects stand out. The system works extremely well on both metal & plastic parts!
- Automatically measure and display deviations from nominal and quickly identify out-of-tolerance areas.
The system is very flexible and supports different inspection approaches depending on what you want to check…
Measure tooth height, tooth spacing, tooth angle, tooth bottom radius, etc…
The system’s front illumination produces a very sharp image showing a very high level of detail.
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is the new standard for inspecting rasps, orthopedic tools, and implants in the medical industry. Contact us with your application for more information and videos showing rasps inspection in action.
Download a .pdf version of this VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator Application Note here.