500 Series Digital Optical Comparators (Patented and Other Patents Pending)
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is The Fastest, Easiest, Most Accurate Way to Compare a Part to a CAD File™
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator:
- Is much more accurate
- Is much faster
- Has a smaller footprint / uses less floor space
- Is much more powerful
... than any other existing optical comparator.It is:
- the only comparator with "Auto Pass/Fail"
- the only existing fully digital comparator
- the only comparator that can be fully automated
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator (Patented & Other Patents Pending) is a fully-digital drop-in replacement for traditional optical comparators. It works directly with your part's CAD data and doesn't require any overlays or mylars.
Enhanced with patented technology and sub-pixel accuracy, this optical contour projector will allow you to perform high-accuracy measurements, automatically compare parts against their CAD drawings, and speed up your inspection process.
The system is robust and extremely easy to use, and with its advanced, patented CAD Auto-Align™ and CAD Auto-Pass/Fail™ tools, operators can compare parts to their CAD data completely automatically, directly on the shop floor or in a Quality Control lab.
VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators eliminate operator error and can automatically collect complete electronic documentation including measurements, statistics, Pass/Fail results, a high-resolution image of the part with its CAD overlay, etc.
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator can also be integrated into an automated work cell and controlled via Ethernet or RS-232 communications.
Advantages of Our Profile Projector
As the only completely digital optical comparator on the market, the 500 Series is powerful and versatile enough to measure both small and large parts.
Compared with traditional optical comparators, our VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators are competitively priced and offer numerous benefits:
- They produce a very high contrast image with very sharp edge profiles so it is easily viewed in full daylight.
- They are much more accurate.
- Users are much more productive and get more work done with a single machine.
- Our patented CAD Auto-Align™ and CAD Auto-Pass/Fail™ tools and our patent-pending Tooth Checker™ tools are included.
- The part's deviation from nominal can be computed, displayed, and compared to bi-directional tolerances.
- Work directly with the CAD data so no overlays / templates / Mylars™ are required.
- Collect images (with/without the CAD data overlay and annotations), measurements, and data.
- Execute fully automated measurements (like a video CMM).
- Automatically send measurements, statistics, and data to Excel™ or other external applications.
- The systems have a smaller footprint and use less floor space.
- They can be moved much more easily without requiring re-calibration (i.e. "rolling cart" configuration is standard).
- They have a much greater optical depth of field, i.e. ("everything is in focus all at once").
- They have a longer optical working distance (i.e. more clearance between the part and the lens).
- You can compare a part to its CAD data beyond the optical field-of-view! (because the CAD data tracks the part and follows the stage motion).
- The systems have LED illumination for very stable illumination over a 10 year life. No more bulbs to change!
Thanks to their advanced patented technology, VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators are much faster, much more accurate, and easier to use than traditional optical comparators.
And while traditional optical comparators require an overlay (i.e. a template or transparency), with the VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator everything is done electronically so that there are no more templates! You will never again have to buy, print, calibrate, verify, identify, trace, manage, and physically store, and retrieve another template. No more template-related costs, delays, or errors. The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator works directly with your CAD data.
Through their barcode reader and joystick interface, these systems are extremely intuitive and require only minimal operator training. The system can also be setup to allow on-screen measurements, to collect measurement statistics, and to save the image of the part with its superimposed CAD drawing, etc... Because they are fully digital, these systems allow you to collect complete digital records of the inspection and measurement operations.
VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators are competitively priced and have a very simple yearly calibration procedure that you can carry out yourself.
Its automation capabilities and user-friendly design make the 500 Series the fastest optical comparator in the industry. We’ll be happy to set up a configuration that meets your job requirements and helps you increase inspection productivity. Please contact us for more information including a detailed spec sheet, a "Frequently Asked Questions" document, pricing, etc...
500 Series Additional Features
The 500 Series VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator comes standard with a 12" travel X-axis stage with 0.5 micron resolution encoder and protective bellows around the 6" travel Y-axis column. All 3 axes (X, Y and Z) have high-accuracy crossed-roller movements for optimal linearity and positional repeatability and high load carrying capability.
VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators are complete, ready-to-run Windows-based solutions and are delivered network-ready.
VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators are available with transmitted (i.e. back) and / or reflected (i.e. front) illumination. All illumination is LED-based for very stable and repeatable illumination conditions over a very long life. Furthermore, the illumination is programmable and computer-controlled. Everything is done through a single simple and intuitive software interface!
The 500 Series comparators have power focus and auto-focus capabilities. They are available in industry standard 5X, 10X, 20X, 50X and 100X optical configurations, in either single or multi-mag configurations. Many other configurations are also available with custom workholding and fixtures, additional rotary stages, stage travel adjustments, coax illumination, and other digital optical comparator accessories. We can configure a system to meet your specific requirements!
An optional high-resolution LASER module is also available for depth & height measurements.
VISIONx offers both horizontal and vertical digital optical comparators. The systems include industry standard dovetail mounting grooves for easy part fixturing. A super-extended-travel configuration is also available, specifically designed for high-accuracy inspection of large and heavy parts.
Standard 12" travel X-axis stage with protective bellows around the 6" travel Y-axis column. All 3 axes (X, Y and Z) feature high-accuracy crossed-roller movements for optimal linearity and positional repeatability.
Hard chrome plated X-axis stage, made of hardened tooling steel and with dual standard dovetail grooves for easy part fixturing.
Reflected (i.e. front) illumination module