The 700 Series VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is a 5-Axis Inspection and Measurement System that is widely used by manufacturers across a broad range of industries (including aerospace and power generation) to check EDM- and LASER-drilled holes and slots. It is the ideal solution for the automatic inspection of parts with complex geometries. The 5 axes of motion (X, Y, Z, Rotary, Tilt) allow parts to be secured to an industry-standard chuck and positioned accurately to view the part from all sides and angles.
The system is able to automatically verify hole presence and accurately measure hole location. The 700 Series VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is adaptable and supports both round and shaped holes, different surface types with different reflectivity, different viewing angles, etc… VisionGauge® OnLine’s advanced toolset permits programs to locate features with high accuracy and automatically obtain results with a Pass/Fail conclusion based directly on the part’s CAD file specifications. The program can also output the hole offsets, which can then be used to modify EDM drilling programs.
The system provides extremely powerful and innovative software tools for robust component detection, including specialized tools well suited to deal with burrs and splatter. The “Part Reorientation” tool provides the ability to execute full 6-point iterative alignment, and VisionGauge®’s fast and intuitive ‘Operator Review’ mode allows operators to quickly revisit any out-of-tolerances areas. VisionGauge® also supports automatic image and data collection for complete electronic documentation and data-exchange.
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is a very cost-effective, perfectly adapted solution for checking EDM- and LASER-drilled holes and slots. It is rapidly becoming the new standard in the industry!
Advantages of the 700 Series VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator
You will find many benefits to using the 700 Series 5-Axis Inspection and Measurement System during the manufacturing process compared to traditional devices or other computerized vision measuring systems. This system goes well-beyond simply producing a report on each part and can significantly enhance the quality of your shop’s inspection operations.
Advantages of incorporating the 700 Series VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator into your shop include:
- Quickly, easily, and accurately inspect 100% of the holes on your parts.
- The system is easy to program, allowing you to use your CAD data directly and hole positions from your drilling programs.
- The operator interface is intuitive, including a barcode-reader and joysticks.
- The system supports both round and shaped holes on various surfaces.
- Hole offsets can be output, providing feedback to EDM drilling programs.
- The mounting system allows parts to go directly from the EDM drilling machine to the inspection system without re-fixturing – a quick and easy process that minimizes stack-up error.
- Our system can be equipped with the same working envelope as your EDM drill.
- The system is capable of performing 6-Point Iterative Alignment.
- Check holes one at a time, looking straight down the hole’s nominal axis, or check multiple holes at once viewing them at an angle (depending on your inspection speed requirements and your part’s coating characteristics).
- The system’s dual-source illumination module provides lighting at different angles of incidence (i.e. both near-vertical and low-oblique) for wide applicability across a very broad range of part geometries.
- Powerful, adaptive feature-detection software tools can accurately locate drilled holes on different surface types (different reflectivity characteristics, different viewing angles, etc.).
- VisionGauge®’s advanced toolset can easily deal with burrs and splatter.
- Automatically create reports and collect measurements, statistics, images and other data for complete documentation.
The system comes with an industry-standard chuck mounted on the system’s double-rotary trunnion assembly.
Other mounting systems are also supported.
These systems are ideal for aircraft engine and gas turbine blade cooling holes inspection and measurement
The 700 Series VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator uses innovative tools and software to optimize quality control and reduce operator error. Our solutions have quality features that make comparators like the 700 Series 5-Axis Inspection and Measurement System stand apart from traditional inspection equipment.
Additional features include:
- Motion on five axes (X, Y, and Z axes, plus rotary and tilt) to inspect complex parts
- User-friendly interface with direct CAD-to-Part comparison
- Includes VisionGauge®’s vast selection of advanced feature-detection and measurement tools
- High-resolution optics and imaging
- Ultra-bright computer-controlled LEDs present stable illumination with sharp contrast
- An extended depth of field allows everything to be perfectly in focus, regardless of the part’s geometry, even in areas of high curvature.
- A long working distance gives lots of clearance between the optical system and the part to easily accommodate large and unusually-shaped parts.
- The system has a robust shop floor design.
- Automatic reports, image collection, statistics, data collection, and data exchange
- Intuitive “Operator review” mode to easily evaluate inspection program results
- The system comes with an industry-standard chuck mounted on the system’s double-rotary stage assembly, with other mounting systems also supported.
VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators are the only industrial vision systems that are fully digital, entirely automated, and outfitted with the groundbreaking CAD Auto-Pass/Fail™ and CAD Auto-Align™ capabilities.
Ideal for both coated & un-coated parts
Powerful “adaptive” feature-detection software tools are able to accurately find and locate holes on different surfaces, with different reflectivity, at different viewing angles, etc…
What Are Machine Vision Inspection Systems?
Vision-based inspection systems are cost-effective solutions for maintaining quality control that involve measuring and inspecting images of manufactured parts. They are commonly employed for industrial and manufacturing applications of all types. Modern industrial vision systems have the ability to generate a Pass/Fail report according to the part specifications programmed into the inspection process, alongside more complex insights.
Computer-aided design (CAD) is often the guiding framework for dimensional measurement using vision systems. VisionGauge® machine vision inspection systems, including the 700 Series 5-Axis Inspection and Measurement System, compare a part directly to its CAD/DXF data and automatically produces a Pass/Fail result and detailed measurement report.
Learn More About Industrial Vision Systems
Manufacturing high-quality parts requires close attention to how well the product complies with its design. Defects impact businesses in any industry, but in high-risk industries like aerospace, medical device manufacturing, military and defense, and others, parts must Pass with tight tolerances. Manufacturers conduct quality inspection and measurements using vision systems to ensure their parts are within specifications.
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is the most efficient and accurate way to compare a manufactured part to its CAD file. 700 Series 5-Axis Inspection and Measurement Systems are designed for parts with complex geometries in industrial and manufacturing applications with strict quality standards, such as aircraft engine manufacturing. From engines to cooling holes in gas turbine blades, these industrial vision measuring systems conduct reliable inspections and measurements.
Contact us for more information about the 700 Series 5-Axis Inspection and Measurement System or our other computerized vision measuring systems.