Turbine Blade Fir Tree Root Form Inspection and Measurement
The Perfect Solution For the Inspection and Measurement of Turbine Blade Fir Tree Root Forms
There are many reasons why the VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is widely used by manufacturers in the aerospace and power generation industries to perform turbine blade fir tree root forms inspection and measurement, sometimes also referred to as a "Christmas Tree" blade:
- Automatically compare turbine blade fir tree root forms against their CAD data (no more overlays!).
- The system can completely automatically inspect and measure turbine blade fir tree root forms with its proprietary CAD Auto-Align and CAD Auto-Pass/Fail tools (Patents Pending).
- Demonstrated accuracy down to +/-0.0001" in real-world applications, directly on the shop floor!
- The system supports both uniform and variable tolerances. You can apply tighter tolerances on pressure faces and looser tolerances elsewhere.
- Eliminate operator subjectivity!
- Much faster than traditional approaches.
- Automatically collect measurements, statistics, images and other data for complete documentation.
- The system is not limited to the camera's field-of-view; It can compare a part to its CAD data across the entire stage travel. So even large parts can be inspected at high magnification.
- With its extended optical depth-of-field and Auto-Focus tool, the system is perfectly suited to deal with the challenges of turbine blade fir tree root form inspection.
- Automatically measure and display deviations from nominal and quickly identify out-of-tolerance areas.
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is rapidly becoming the new standard for the inspection and measurement of turbine blade fir tree root forms in the aerospace and power generation industries.
Download a .pdf version of this VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator Application note here.