We’ll be exhibiting at two shows over the next couple of months:
We will be at MESCPE at the Parma Fairground, Italy (Viale delle Esposizioni 393A – 43126 Parma PR) on March 22-24, 2018. We will be exhibiting with BTT Marko s.r.l. at booth number M43 Pavilion 2.
We will also be at the Smart Manufacturing Experience 2018 in Boston, MA at the Boston Convention Center on April 30 – May 2, 2018. We will be exhibiting with Methods Machine at Booth #325.
We are pleased to announce that we have just been awarded a new European Patent for innovative VisionGauge® technologies. This is:
European Patent No. 2417419
Date of Issue: 14 February 2018
Title: DIGITAL OPTICAL COMPARATOR
This is now our 7th patent for technologies related to the VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator.
VisionGauge® OnLine version 12.80, dated January 18th, 2018, is available for download.
VisionGauge® version 10.79, dated January 18th, 2018, is available for download.
Both VisionGauage and VisionGauge OnLine have been updated with the ability to save and recall the last-set camera format settings (e.g. resolution) for DirectX compliant video capture devices. This update also applies to those systems that control multiple DirectX video acquisition devices at once. To change the resolution during a session of either VisionGauge or VisionGauge OnLine, access the “Settings – Image capture device format” menu and set the target resolution. The software will save this resolution and automatically restore it the next time you start the software.
This enhancement for DirectX video capture devices is included starting in VisionGauge OnLine’s current version 12.80 and in VisionGauge’s current version 12.79.
Also included in this update for VisionGauge OnLine is the ability to output a string variable directly to a data group through the Program Toolbox – Text String settings:
VisionGauge® OnLine version 12.74, dated December 20th, 2017, is available for download.
In this update the Auto-Focus tool has been significantly reworked and enhanced. It is now much more general-purpose and produces much more repeatable results in difficult applications (for example: when focusing on portions of the image with very few clear & sharp features or in very-low-contrast applications).
Happy Holidays from VISIONx, Inc!
VisionGauge® OnLine version 12.73, dated October 26th, 2017, is available for download.
This update includes several new features:
– Users can specify multiple motorized axes that will retract to either the positive or negative limit switch before the 2D XY Stage Mapping correction is carried out upon startup of VisionGauge® Online. This is particularly useful for systems that may have parts mounted that could collide with the system during the initial homing of the X and Y axes.
To configure this feature, access the Motion Control Toolbox Settings menu and select “Startup”.
This window allows you to configure multiple axes that should retract before the X and Y axes begin homing. You can specify whether the axes all retract at the same time or if they retract one by one in the order specified. Each axis will retract to either its positive or negative limit. Users may also choose whether or not each axis returns to its original position after the X and Y axes have completed their homing. If you do choose to return axes to their original positions and the “One at a time” option was chosen for how to “Retract and return axes”, then the axes will return to their original positions in the reverse order that they were specified.
– Users may now also specify specific data that is sent to ProLink’s QC-Calc along with measurements and results. This data is configured through the usual “Output” setting on Program Toolbox steps, but users now have the option to configure QC-Calc text or numeric data. The data is in the format of 15 ‘Text Factors’ and 15 ‘Numeric Factors’. Users may configure these Factors to be populated by VisionGauge® OnLine Numerical and String variables or user-selected text or numbers. Users must include a label for those Factors that they want to send to QC-Calc. This allows easy storage of serial numbers, part numbers, user ids, or other relevant strings that might need to be stored with the measurement data in QC-Calc.
– In the Program Toolbox – Set Illumination step, we’ve added a button to set the illumination for this step to the current illumination settings. We’ve also delinked these illumination settings in the Program Toolbox from the main Illumination settings of VisionGauge® OnLine: Making changes to the Program Toolbox Illumination settings will no longer change your current illumination settings for the software. Users can still adjust the illumination from the main Illumination dialog on the live image. This will make setting up illumination in a program more efficient.
– Also, for users of Windows 10 and VisionGauge® OnLine, we’ve corrected an issue where the size of the menu fonts may cause the Overlay Toolbox and Measurement Toolbox to display improperly.
VisionGauge® OnLine version 12.63, dated September 22nd, 2017, is available for download.
This update adds support for Right- and Left-Increasing Diameter measurements. These new measurement tools may be found in the Program Toolbox – Measurement – Miscellaneous tab. These tools are particularly useful for finding the point on a part where a part’s diameter begins to increase. Users may specify the “Diameter increase criteria” as a (positive) percentage by which the diameter is allowed to increase before the sub-pixel accurate measurement location is returned.
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is featured in August 2017’s Quality Magazine in an article titled “Digital Advancements for Shop Floor Inspection of Medical Devices.” The article discusses the difficulties in the measurement and inspection of medical parts, such as orthopedic implants and medical instruments, and the current solutions different types of VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators can offer to meet these challenges.
The article is presently available for download in .pdf format in our Publications section. Our Applications section also contains more information about how the VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator can be used for Medical Device and Orthopedic Implant Manufacturing applications.
We will be exhibiting at the Canadian Manufacturing and Technology Show (CMTS) in Toronto, ON with Mitcham Machine Tools, Inc. on September 25 – 28th, 2017. Visit us at Booth 2218, Hall 2.
VisionGauge® OnLine version 12.52, dated August 10th, 2017, is available for download.
This update includes the following enhancements:
– The VisionGauge® OnLine Status Box can now be displayed as a floating pop-out window, instead of docked at the bottom of the screen. This allows more vertical space for image display with less cropping on certain systems. The pop-out status box window still receives all program output and measurement results, and it is scrollable up to 5000 lines. Users have the option to save the contents of the Status Box window to a text file or clear the status box to focus only on new results.
To enable the pop-out status box option, access the “Customize – User Interface” menu and select “Display Status Box in a separate window”. Having the status box pop-out window active will also enable a new “Status Box” button on the right side of the screen which opens and closes the window. Data will still be collected in the status box even if it is closed.
– We’ve added the ability to “Cutout an image portion” in the Program Toolbox’s Image Manipulation tool. Simply specify the Region Of Interest, and also indicate if you want to be working on the raw image or the image with any and all annotations that you might have at runtime. This tool can be useful to automatically save a smaller portion of an image during a program, which reduces the image size. This can make it easier, for example, to email or to bring focus to a specific area of interest in the image.
500 Series VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator Training Class
September 26th & 27th, 2017
(9 am to 4 pm on both days)
A VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator 500 Series training class will be held at VISIONx’s facility (Pointe-Claire, Canada) September 26th & 27th, 2017.
The class will start with a short refresher of VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator basics and will quickly move on to a review of the latest software enhancements and then onto more advanced topics, including automated programs.
This is a very hands-on class and – as always – we are very happy to look into the specific challenges of your real-world applications with you.
The training will be in English. There is no charge for current VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator users and lunch is provided on both days. Participants are responsible for their own travel, lodging and other expenses.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up, or if you have questions, want for information about nearby hotels, assistance with travel arrangements, etc…
Sign-up closes on September 8th at 5 pm (Eastern Time zone).