CAD Auto Pass/Fail™ - Automatic Pass/Fail Results VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator’s CAD Auto Pass/Fail™ tool computes and displays, in real time, the part's deviation from nominal for automatic Pass/Fail results.
Automatic Pass/Fail Results with CAD Auto Pass/Fail™
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator's patented CAD Auto Pass/Fail™ tool allows you to automatically determine, very accurately and in real-time, if a part is within tolerance.
The CAD Auto Pass/Fail™ tool can be either point-based or it can consider complete geometric entities. In point-based mode, the part's deviation from nominal is evaluated at precise user-specified cross-sections to verify that the part is within tolerance at all of these locations. And the geometry-based CAD Auto Pass/Fail™ tool verifies that the part is within tolerance over complete geometric entities. Note that the control-section-based and geometry-based CAD Auto Pass/Fail™ tools can be used simultaneously on the same part!
The geometry-based CAD Auto Pass/Fail™ tool is especially well suited to parts with "peaks and valleys" where we don't know beforehand where the min & max deviations might be located...
Also, note that there are no restrictions on the tolerance values. So tolerances can be either the standard "plus/minus" tolerances, as well as "minus/minus" or "plus/plus" tolerances.
Many VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator users combine the CAD Auto-Align™ and CAD Auto Pass/Fail™ tools to fully automate their inspections:
- The operator loads the part in the fixture and scans the barcode on the traveller.
- This causes the VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator to load and run a part-specific program that automatically:
- Reads-in the correct CAD file
- Auto-Aligns the CAD file to the part
- Produces an Auto Pass/Fail result that is collected in a Data Group and sent to Excel or an other external application...
- In the case of parts that are larger than the system's optical field-of-view, the stage moves the part and carries out the Auto Pass/Fail inspection at however many different locations are required. This way, the whole part gets inspected without having to "shift the overlay". The CAD data tracks the part's movement!
With the patented CAD Auto-Align™, CAD Auto Pass/Fail™, and patent-pending Tooth Checker™ tools, the VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is truly revolutioninzing how parts are inspected, quickly and accurately, directly on the shop floor!
Please contact us for more information including a detailed spec sheet, a "Frequently Asked Questions" document, pricing, etc...