Inspection of Flexible Automotive Seals and Trim
The Perfect Solution For the Inspection of Automotive Seals (e.g. door trim, weather seals, etc...)
- Automatically compare difficult-to-inspect flexible automotive seals and trim against their CAD data (no more overlays!)
- The system's proprietary CAD Auto-Align™ tool automatically lines up the CAD to the part, along one or multiple datums or by doing an overall "best fit".
- The system's proprietary CAD Auto-Pass/Fail™ tool automatically produces an operator-independent PASS/FAIL result.
- The system works equally well on both fixtured and unfixtured parts.
- Demonstrated accurate, repeatable and operator-independent results, directly on the shop floor!
- The system supports both uniform and variable tolerances. You can apply tighter tolerances in critical areas and looser tolerances elsewhere.
- Automatically measure and display deviations from nominal and quickly identify out-of-tolerance areas.
- Automatically collect measurements, statistics, images and other data for complete documentation
- Much faster than traditional approaches and completely eliminates operator subjectivity!.
- The system is extremely easy to use: it can be setup so that - for the operator - everything is done through the barcode reader.
- The system can easily deal with part distortion. It is perfectly suited to overcome the difficult challenges of flexible automotive seal and trim inspection.
The system produces an extremely crisp and clear super-high-resolution image. You can see all of the fine details on your part!
Front (reflected) illumination allows you to clearly see internal and surface features, along with the part's outer profile.
Automatically compare a part to its CAD data and get an accurate, repeatable and operator-independent PASS/FAIL result.
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is the new standard for inspecting flexible extruded seals in the automotive industry.
Download a .pdf version of this VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator Application note here.